Mapping is defined as the sum of the work that needs to be done in order to imprint environmental objects and essences in modern, digital maps which are accompanied by geographical databases. This business is where Innovtive CitisShop is active, by offering qualitative maps that are products of technical expertise and modern, up-to-date technology.
- Mapping with appropriately equipped with laptops, GPS, special cameras, mapping software.
- Well trained staff, certified to work on the spot mapping projects.
- Imprinting of any environmental object and essence: road network, points of interest (POI), urban planning data, land usage, networks, flora, etc.
- Area view of descriptive databases using Geo-coding process.
- Imprinting of meteorological and environmental measurements and usage of Geo-statistical methods in order to study them.
- Specialized imprinting processes such as underground networks with radar usage, territory maps, etc.
The usage of mapping is reflected on the various dependant applications
- Maps' usage in GPS destination operating systems. DWWC Group continues the more and more detailed mapping of the Greek road network using the advanced position tracking technologies (GPS) and Geographical Informatics Systems (GIS).
- Database formatting with geographical information.
- Capability of categorized map production for every type of information that is included in the database.
- Capability of integrated Geomarketing applications' development on behalf of companies that are interested in market analysis, geo-positioning of various activities, etc.
- Maps' distribution in public mediums and services (e.g. Municipalities, Administrations) and GIS/WebGIS applications' development in order to upgrade local public services.
- Production of tourist maps, enhanced with the relevant points of interest.
- Mappings of special type, applicable in sciences such as archaeology, geology, soil science, etc.
- Mapping of environmentally sensible territories in order to farther protect them.
Τhe mapping process in the way DWWC Group performs it, contains:
- Photomaps of certain scale and specific regions of the country are available.
- Usage of satellite images in order the initial data to be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. These images are taken based on the photomaps and after geo-reference of the various polygons with the appropriate reference system has taken place (WGS84).
- Geo-reference of the satellite images to the reference system used in Greece (EGSA '87).
- Digitalization of the road network based on the image produced by the photomaps and the satellite images.
- Transfer of the produced digital files to GPS devices which will be used in the forthcoming field work.
- The car which is going to perform the field process is adequately equipped with computers, GPS, printed maps, digital cameras and has mobile internet access.
- The expert staff members scans the under-mapping areas recording all the elements that are essential in order to achieve the most accurate results: road networks' horizontal geometry, one-ways, buildings' numbering, traffic regulations, traffic lanes, signposts, points of interest, etc.
- Geographical database update by the specialized company's staff members who have the ability to simultaneously monitor the vehicle's signal along with the camera image and sound as transmitted by the external crew.
- Apart from the simultaneous, abovementioned process, the recorded elements (digital files and updated printed maps) are examined in the company's headquarters with a greater level of attention in order to update the fields of the database which mark the mapping process as full.
The data which is imprinted during the mapping process of the road network is:
- Geometry of the road network
- Road names
- Buildings' numbering on the roads' left side (start – finish)
- Buildings' numbering on the roads' right side (start – finish)
- Administrative categorization of the roads left and right (order9, order8, order1)
- Bifurcations, maneuvers
- Traffic circles and roundabouts
- Speed limits
- Roads' categorization (FRC)
- Road type (FOW)
- Prohibited vehicles in specific types of roads
- Bridges, tunnels, coastlines
- Limited access territories
- Number of traffic lanes
- Direction of traffic lanes
Standard equipment of mapping vehicles
- Computers (Car PC)
- 7.5-inches touch screens
- 2 GPS devices
- 2 cameras with enabled GPS
- Recording video equipment
- Mobile GIS software
- Mobile internet for direct data transfer to the headquarters and farther process
- Fleet management via GPRS device